STORM ALERT: What to do?
Storm Rolling In: Photo by Amy Luschen on Unsplash
Tips and Action Steps
There have been unprecedented heavy rains in the area, as of late. No one expects there to be flooding, especially those living on a hill or on top of a bluff. But as we have seen in the last several weeks, few have been spared from the damage of water and flooding. Several safety tips that would be helpful after flooding are:
- Establish an evacuation plan in advance. Make sure all employees or family members are safe. Assign select individuals to keep lists of select teams with names and contact numbers.
- If water were to enter the building or home and evacuation becomes impossible, move to an upper floor, and wait for rescuers.
- Avoid driving through floods or rising water, nearly half of all flash flood fatalities are auto-related.
- Don't ever touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water. Even just six inches of moving water is enough to make you fall.
- Avoid contact with floodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline, or raw sewage.
- Listen to the local news reports to learn if the community’s water supply is safe to drink.
- You may return to your home or business only when authorities indicate it is safe.
Should you experience floodwaters in your home or business, it is important that you call the areas local Storm remediation experts.
SERVPRO of Quincy
Mitigation: After the Storm
Coming home after the Storm.
Photo by Macau Photo Agency on Unsplash
After the Storm: What do I do?
- Notify your insurance agent to determine insurance policy guidelines and steps to take.
- Once the property has been cleared by authorities, take great caution while entering your home, wear protective clothing at all times.
- Take photos or video to record the condition of contents and structure. Make sure images clearly record damage.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil, styrofoam or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Place fans at 45-degree angles to walls and move large furniture away from walls to create the best air circulation.
- Do not enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Throw away all foods – even canned goods – that have come into contact with floodwaters.
These are just a few steps you need to follow when dealing with the aftermath of a flood in your home or business. The best practice is to call your local water restoration experts:
SERVPRO of Quincy, IL.
Fathers Day was No Picnic
KHQA picture - devastating rainfall amounts
No Picnics for Father's Day
Father's Day 2020 brought something other than a picnic or outdoor gathering for the Quincy, IL area. Around midday on Sunday, parts of Quincy experienced unprecedented amounts of rainfall. Several places reported anywhere from 4 - 6 inches of rainfall within just a 2-hour period.
City storm sewers in places were not able to keep up with the massive amounts of H2O. Many homes as well as businesses experienced major flooding and sewer backups.
Our phone lines at SERVPRO of Quincy seemed to be on continuous ring, as we took call after call from residents and business owners experiencing some sort of water emergency. Our crews worked well into the night battling the losses until all that needed help got some attention.
When you experience a water emergency call the ones that can get it done...
SERVPRO of Quincy
Use Everything then... Call for Reinforcements
Drying Equipment lined up for deployment.
Over the last several weeks, the Quincy, IL area has experienced massive rainfall within small timeframes. Starting with Father's Day rainfall of up to 6" in just 2 hours to the once again massive rain of this past weekend. With the ground already saturated, the water had nowhere to go except into otherwise dry basements.
The calls to the areas trusted leader: SERVPRO of Quincy came so quickly and steadily, that for the first time ever, we ran out of equipment to place.
So, what happens when you run out of the tools needed to help people?
Call for Reinforcements!
We were able to call another franchise and they were able to send us over 100 pieces of drying equipment. This equipment was then loaded and quickly dispersed to needed locations.
So, when you experience a water loss, call the ones that will find a way to get you taken care of: SERVPRO of Quincy.
SERVPRO of Quincy - 24 Hour Water Damage Service
Water damage from sump pump failure.
Photo by isaac jarnagin on Unsplash
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Quincy is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today: 217-223-2993
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Quincy has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Quincy, IL
SERVPRO of Quincy specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. We are... Here to Help.
When Storms or Floods hit Adams, Pike, and Hancock Counties, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Adams, Pike, and Hancock Counties.
When Storms or Floods hit, know who to call.
SERVPRO of Quincy, IL specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit West Central IL, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today: 217-223-2993
Photo by Kiahna Mollette on Unsplash
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for the cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Quincy today at 217-223-2993 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
SERVPRO of Quincy - Community Blessing Boxes
Blessing Box - Mini Pantry located just South of 7th & Maine, Quincy, IL.
Why SERVPRO? Because we Care!
So, what makes SERVPRO of Quincy different? Why would I choose them over their competition?
Well, several things stand out when thinking about how to answer these questions. First of all, the professionalism and caring nature of our staff. When asked what the favorite part of their jobs was, all have said: "Helping someone in their time of need and making a difference."
It is easy to see this in the quality of work that each of them produces on a daily basis. Doing the work in the same manner that they would if it were their own personal loss.
Another way and a very good reason for the why is, SERVPRO's care for the Community. We were told of the need by the local Neighborhood Federation for several Blessing Boxes - Mini Food Pantries. Our construction team stepped up and made two. They are now placed in much needed areas of the city. SERVPRO continues to collect food and distributes that food daily to these boxes.
It is Great to be Here in the Community. Here to Help.
SERVPRO of Quincy - WGEM News Coverage
SERVPRO of Quincy owner Tim Maguire fogging an office with Disinfectant.
SERVPRO of Quincy - Cleaning Services
With spring cleaning kicking into overdrive, one local cleaning business says they're seeing an increase in people requesting their services.
SERVPRO of Quincy owner Tim Maguire said he's seeing a surge in businesses requesting his services.
He said his days are filled with deep cleaning now that spring cleaning is picking up and people cleaning now more than ever because of the pandemic.
"Most of the requests we've been getting are for the COVID-19 cleaning, kind of going along with what homeowners and businesses are doing. We're coming in to help with the fogging," Maguire said.
Maguire said people should wipe down any frequently used items, but said his services come into play for hard to reach places.
"We are wiping things down and giving it a really thorough cleaning as far as the confirmed cases, we've only done one of those and that's just a different level of cleaning, a little bit more detail-oriented. It's the same precautionary procedures: respirators, Tyvek suits, gloves, and full PPE," he said.
Maguire said SERVPRO uses CDC approved medical grade disinfectants and is nowhere near running out.
He said it's important for him to be able to do these services but says it's a community's worth of teamwork in keeping people safe.
"This is just one extra step and a precautionary measure to keep the risk down. But continue to wipe down all of your high touch areas, your light-switches, your faucets, your toilets, your sinks," Maguire said.
He said if you have questions you can call SERVPRO 217- 223-2993.
Original story by WGEM - Charity Bell
Guidance for Businesses (COVID-19)
Preparing Workplaces for a COVID-19 Outbreak
With what is currently known about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), we can set up current guidelines to help our businesses and employees. COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The outbreak first started in China, but the virus has continued to spread internationally. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will update this interim guidance as additional information becomes available.
How best to decrease the spread of COVID-19
Employers need to include activities in one or more of the following areas:
Reduce transmission among employees
Encourage sick employees and those with sick household members to stay at home. Plus, identify where and how workers may be exposed to COVID-19 at work. Employers should immediately separate sick employees from other employees and customers. And educate your employees about how they can reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Healthy Business Operations
Implement flexible sick leave and supportive policies and practices. Determine how you will operate if absenteeism spikes from increases in sick employees, those who stay home to care for sick family members, and those who must stay home to watch their children if they are dismissed from childcare facilities. Establish policies and practices for social distancing and support respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene for employees and customers.
If you have questions about your business or you are interested in General Disinfection of your business, please contact us 24/7/365
Further details on all things COVID-19 can be found here at our source: COVID-19 Website