Reconstruction after Fire Cleanup
Recon: After Fire Cleanup
Knob and tube wiring is no longer an option when wiring a home and upgrades are not mandatory until it fails. New insulation had been recently installed in the home and had apparently ruined the integrity of the old wiring.
The owner of a lovely Victorian Home in Quincy, IL found out how much damage a very small fire caused by old wiring can cause. Fortunate for her, the fire was contained and had mostly extinguished itself by the time firefighters arrived. But the damage the fire actually caused was not as severe as what the water from the fire crews would do to the rest of the home. Three floors would need to be redone. This included tearing out drywall, rewiring the second floor, new drywall, flooring, carpeting, and paint throughout.
If a fire takes a toll on your home, call the ones that can make it... "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Quincy, IL