Constant Rain and Flooding, can lead to Mold
When the flood waters recede...
Flood damaged homes and businesses are very likely to experience mold damage as water and moisture permeates the structure of the building for an extended period of time. Mold organisms are found almost everywhere and only need 3 essential elements to grow: moisture, humidity and a cellulose food source (ie: wood, carpet, drywall). If you have a flood damaged home or business, keep an eye out for discoloration on surfaces and the tell-tale musty odor.
If you notice or suspect mold in your home or business, these are things you can do.
- Control the moisture. After a flood, the water must be extracted and the structure dried properly.
- All porous materials (drywall, carpeting, and ceiling tiles) with mold growth should be discarded.
- Heating and air conditioning filters need to be changed. The system will need to be inspected by a professional and may need to be replaced. Duct work will need to be cleaned.
- Appliances that contain insulation should be discarded as they may harbor mold spores that cannot be seen.
- Non-porous materials and surfaces will need to be professionally cleaned depending on the extent of the damage. Remember, if clean up is not handled appropriately, it is likely that the mold spores will spread.
Avoid the Mold, call for Assistance
Contact SERVPRO of Quincy. We are available 24/7/365. Please call us at 217-223-2993