If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (217) 223-2993

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Found During Fire Cleanup

This photo was from a residential fire. During the cleaning, we found mold growing on the drywall from a leak. 

When mold spores take over porous surfaces, the stains that follow the remediation provide a difficult challenge to dispose of in a DIY manner. Many times, the area will need to be repainted or painted in general to give it the fresh and clean feel after a mold situation. Depending on the severeness of the growth, it can damage the surface permanently. Many times, this requires parts of the affected wall or flooring to be removed. If we are unable to remove the area, a chemical is used to kill the active spores, then surfaces are cleaned and repainted per the homeowners requests.